Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Monday 19 October 2009

Everything is run by Stephen Fry (and Guido Fawkes).

Apparently. Could do a lot worse than Guido I suppose, but Stephen Fry? Genial old luvvie that he is, and fairly entertaining on Q.I. too, he is also the tit who said that politicians fiddling expenses was no big deal and we were all overreacting.
. Not only that but he admitted that he'd fiddled expenses too and said everybody did it. This pissed me off a bit at the time.
He may be right that journos are also a "venal and disgusting crowd of people when it comes to expenses" but for a bloke supposedly so intelligent and knowledgeable he's sounding awfully like a retarded twat here. First off, and I suppose you need to be a special kind of luvvie bell end with the peculiar blindness they so often have to the faults and hypocrisy of the left, there's a huge fucking difference between journos cheating on their expenses because they and their employers aren't forcing the whole fucking country to pay for them*. And at least one journo says that Fry is wrong about that anyway. Secondly I personally do not fiddle my expenses, even though "the system" I have to deal with would make it rather easy to tell a large number of small lies on the tax return with a reasonable expectation of getting away with it. But even if I did I wouldn't say it's the tax office's fault that for letting me get away with it, not least because I know they wouldn't give a flying fuck about a good excuse so a pathetic one like that certainly won't help me. Perhaps Fry is right that most people do do this sort of thing and I'm in a minority, but I think the proportion of liars and cheats is much greater in politics and of course there's that crucial difference - politicians make the rest of us pay at the point of a metaphorical gun. If Fry can't understand that then he's not remotely as bright as he's made out to be.
If, as The Times suggests, Stephen Fry is giving the orders now I'm far from sure that's a good thing.
Related Posts with Thumbnails