Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Missing the point.

I suppose the effort should be acknowledged, and no doubt it'll be more than enough of a concession for some people, but scanners which show a gingerbread style line drawing instead of some false colour image of me with my dick waving around is not going to tempt me to fly again.
The US Transportation Security Administration yesterday began rolling out new airport scanner software that produces less revealing images of travellers.

The new software "enhances privacy by eliminating passenger-specific images and instead auto-detects potential threat items and indicates their location on a generic outline of a person," the TSA said.
What the fuck are you smiling about?
Now I do realise that many people do have a nudity taboo and many others have reason to be less than proud of their bodies, and so this is the principle concern for a lot of people. However, I feel I must explain something both to those people and to those involved in installing all this security theatre in airports:

We are not all fucking terrorists, you fucking bell-ends.

There is no practical purpose served by authoritarian cockweasels spending vast sums on questionable technology to be used on overwhelmingly innocent people, especially when the fuckknuckles then ignore the possibility of a bomb going off in the fucking queues they themselves have fucking created with this shite.*

I don't stay away because you want to look at my knob in a scanner. I don't even stay away because of the possible health risks of the scanners or because you'll want to cop a feel if I refuse to be scanned. I stay away because I am not a fucking terrorist and there is absolutely cube root of fuck all evidence for any fucker to believe otherwise, so I refuse to be treated like a fucking suspect by humourless apes with polyester uniforms and 200 word vocabularies. If I don't need to be on the other side of an ocean or continent in a hurry badly enough to make it worth my while putting up with hours of interminable queueing for securiteee - to have my shoes X-rayed and my luggage X-rayed and my pockets checked and my mouthwash sniffed and my drinks bottle measured and any harmless everyday objects, obvious toys or tee shirts with intimidating if unintelligible writing confiscated for some fuck to take home later, and finally to be made to stand in a giant open ended fucking microwave and have my bollocks warmed for little or no fucking benefit - if it's not important enough to go through all that then, to be blunt, I'm not fucking going. Especially when it's all so fucking unnecessary.

So turning me into a gingerbread man on the fucking monitor is not going to tempt me back. You'll see me when you fucking learn how to treat me as a paying customer again, you cunts.

Fuck. You. All.


* Yes, I know that the Moscow bomb went off in arrivals. That doesn't change the point that the possibility of one going off in the queue for one of the various new security measures is still there.
Related Posts with Thumbnails