Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Saturday 12 February 2011

A hybrid I might actually want.

Over at Counting Cats NickM makes a few favourable remarks about VW's super efficient concept hybrid.
I think it looks cool. It’s got scissor doors which aren’t just cool but in a British car park very useful. It’s kinda like cars of the future were supposed to look.
Sadly I expect it'll sound like cars of the future always seem to sound in the movies: "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmzhwmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm." This is cool if you have a Vangelis sound track coming straight out of the sky but is going to sound a bit wank in the Dartford tunnel. This, on the other hand, is a car I could possibly overcome my dislike of hybrids and my indifference towards Porsches for.



A V8? Oh, yesyesyesyesyes. We liiiike. We waaaant. Can't happen? Well look at this taxi:

I'm not going south of the central plasma conduit this time of night.

It's from the Stallone Judge Dredd movie and it was created by extensively modifying a Land Rover 101 Forward Control. Which had a 3.5 litre V8.

I have seen the future and the future is good. Good and loud!
Related Posts with Thumbnails