Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Record loss

Well, perhaps not lost so much as mislaid. Via Watts Up With That I see that the Met Orifice have moved the web location of the Central England Temperature record, one of the longest directly measured continuous temperature records anywhere and currently indicating that December just gone was the coldest for over a century and the second coldest since 1659, and the link is missing from the usual page. Suspicious? The CET is far too well known to be dropped down a memory hole, and rather generously Anthony Watts suggests that with their form this could be bad organisation rather than the deliberate act that some of his commenters suspect. I'm inclined to sit on the fence but I might freeze to the bloody thing, so I'll just say that I'm unsure either way. Odd though, isn't it?
Related Posts with Thumbnails