Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Sunday 12 July 2009

Things I still don't get about Australia - No. 6

Yeah, no. No, yeah. Yeah, look.

Everyone seems to use these little phrases as conversational punctuation marks, and while it's not as much aggro on the ear as the word 'like' being used in place of 'said' it's a little odd. It's not at all Vicky Pollard in delivery but I can't quite wrap my head around it. I think 'yeah no' and 'no yeah' are saying either that the speaker understands but doesn't agree or agrees with part but not all of it, but 'yeah, look'?

I should stick to footy. I understand that.

1 comment:

Shibby said...

I don't get the whole "one pocket at the front" thing - and wtf is with putting your kids in it? Crazy Australians. Good at jumping though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails