Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Monday 27 July 2009

Fucking computers.

Best laid plans of mice and men are so easily buggered up by computers these days, and with the main machine in with Apple for warranty repairs for the third bloody time blogging kind of took a back seat while Mrs Exile used the other machine for more important stuff. So with it being a Grand Prix weekend and there being several exciting looking games of Aussie Rules football on TV, and if you haven't watched Aussie Rules you won't know how exciting it can be, I parked myself on the sofa all weekend with the remote and a slab of beer. Unfortunately the results didn't please me anymore than, ooooh, say an expensive computer with a supposed reputation for reliability having to be repaired three times for the same fucking thing, so it wasn't my weekend really.

Anyhow, got the MacBook back and so far it seems to be behaving after two days of fairly consistent use, which is a cast improvement over the last time when it started playing up as soon as I got it back and switched it on as if they didn't actually do anything to it at all. Message for the mac fanboys - yes, they're very good machines, but when they do go wrong they're as useless as a faulty Windows machine and they cost a fucking sight more to begin with. Worth it when it works? Yeah, probably. I like the operating system and how easy to use and stable it is compared to Windows, and since we still need to use Windows from time to time it's good that Macs can do that these days too. But when my fairly new Mac keeps letting me down it might as well be a two thousand dollar paperweight. Fingers crossed it'll behave itself now, but annoyingly it's been so bloody unreliable that I'll never be as confident in it as I was with the old Mac.
Related Posts with Thumbnails