Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Tuesday 15 December 2009

That's that then.

We're all fucked.
The key decision on preventing catastrophic climate change will be delayed for up to six years if the Copenhagen summit delivers a compromise deal which ignores advice from the UN’s science body.

World leaders will not agree on the emissions cuts recommended by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and are likely instead to commit to reviewing them in 2015 or 2016.

The delay will anger developing countries who, scientists say, will face the worst effects of climate change despite zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Look, I'll spare you the rest, which is all fairly predictable fare anyway. But the important bit is this: '2015 or 2016'. Now having had one or two things on my plate I've been a bit busy for much blogging, let alone having time to cast around the interwebs for more dates for my warble gloaming diary of disaster, so I'll have to put up with it being a whole month old.
So by 2016 we'll be halfway down that list and New Yorkers will be swimming down the Hudson to get to work according to Hansen, the world will be sans coral reefs according to David Attenborough, the north pole will be ice free according to the Goracle and finally, according to the Prince of Fails and the WWF, everything will be completely screwed... two years in succession* in fact.

Which of these fucknuts can we sue if we get to 2016 and none of it's happened?

H/T to the Moggie Audit Department.


* Apologies. I realise it's a bit insensitive to use the word 'succession' in the same sentence as mentioning Prince Charles.

2 comments:

JuliaM said...

"Which of these fucknuts can we sue if we get to 2016 and none of it's happened?"

None, because they'll have moved on to some new terrible threat that we must appease with taxpay money by then.

My money's on asteroid defence.

Angry Exile said...

My money's on asteroid defence.

I have a tube of Anusol for that whenever I find sitting down uncomfortab....

.....oh. My bad.

You're probably right that the bastards will have moved on to something else though. If they wanted dosh for infectious disease or asteroids I might be inclined to put my hand in my pocket. Unless of course they started wittering about swine 'flu again and the asteroid they were worried about turned out to be grit on the end of the telescope.

Related Posts with Thumbnails