Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Friday 21 May 2010

Things I still don't get about Australia - No. 24

The deep and abiding love of beetroot. Actually I do kind of get this because I'm pretty keen on beetroot myself, but I'd probably never have thought of putting some in a hamburger much less inventing special jars specifically for storing beetroot. And beetroot pizzas? Never in a bazillion years would I have thought of that. Not so much odd as just surprising, and not remotely a criticism because the weirdest beetroot serving idea I've ever heard of is beetroot fucking ice cream. And the madman responsible for that is a Brit.

4 comments:

Chuckles said...

You still haven't quite got your head around why we shipped all of them out there in the first place, have you?

Angry Exile said...

Don't knock beetroot in a burger until you've tried it, though admittedly you can probably find better places to try it than Hungry Jack's.

JuliaM said...

Beetroot...? *aghast*

Anonymous said...

Chuckles,they shipped a colony to Australia so that when the mother load failed,there would be the spore of Anglo/Irish Civilization left somewhere on the Planet.Deep thinkers our ancestors,with a long time line.

So Chuckles,own goal.

PS I'm an Aus not an expat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails