Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Saturday 12 June 2010

Vote Abbott for Labour Leader.

I've mentioned before that I don't have a lot of time for The Tele's Simon Heffer. I do tend to agree with what he says a fair bit of the time, but since he also strikes me as the kind of person who'd happily see someone flogged for having once been in the room where someone else smoked a small spliff agreeing with the guy usually makes me feel like I need a wash afterwards. So in a few minutes I'm off for a shower, because he's at it again.
The Labour leadership battle went through its obligatory disgusting phase this week ... and we have moved on to the amusing phase, with Diane Abbott as a candidate.
I don’t want another Labour government (though I fear I may be disappointed), so I want her to win. At the very least, I want her to do well enough so that whoever wins feels obliged to offer her a place in the shadow cabinet. And because of her principled and laudable act of sending her child to a private school, that can only be as education spokesman.
Oh, yes. Please make her Labour leader, but if not then Ed Balls as leader and Abbott as shadow education minister. It won't, as Heffer hopes, destroy the Labour party when there are millions of non-thinking tribalists programmed to vote for it because their dad did, or their mate at work does, or because Man-fucking-U play in red as well, but it will be funny as fuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try immigrants and benefit scroungers.
Then the trendy left.
That's who votes Liebour.
Bums and fools.

Related Posts with Thumbnails