Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Arse about face.

Via JuliaM I see that between all the stories about bikini clad slebs, slebs at some do or other, slebs getting together with other slebs, slebs splitting up from other slebs and so on The Daily Mail have managed to include some actual items of news, one of which is that the world's about to end. And among the predictable doom of that article was this utter gem of the journalistic art.
[Professor Fenner] was also heavily involved in helping to control Australia's myxomatosis problem in rabbits.
I suspect that either the nonagenarian professor has lost his marbles or, and I feel this might be the more likely of the two, the Fail's reporter never had many to begin with. This statement is about as wrong as it's possible to get. Far from Australia having a myxomatosis problem in rabbits it had, and still has, a rabbit problem that it once tried to tackle with myxomatosis. I remember being told that at school years before I ever considered visiting Oz, much less moving here. Professor Fenner was indeed involved in what was basically bio war on bunnies, which depending on your source killed between 80 and 95% of Thumper's little friends Down Under, but how the hell the Fail managed to misinterpret bunny-genocide using the myx as controlling the myx "problem" in the rabbits I don't know. I do know that you can't blame their source as the article says that Professor Fenner was interviewed by The Australian, and when I checked their article the nearest sentence I found to what appeared in the Fail was this:
And his work on the myxoma virus suppressed wild rabbit populations on farming land in southeastern Australia in the early 1950s.
Well done, Daily Mail. Even by your standards getting something 180˚ arse about face is quite an achievement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

I love that "Mainly Fail" - brilliant.

Notice also that the picture size on the right of all the deadheads is far bigger than the news on the left? This (as you know doubt know) is subliminal. People will automatically look at the larger pictures before the smaller ones and thus be more attracted to the usual nonsensical drivel of some z list celebrity before reading (if they bother to that is) what's actually f*cking up the lives of many people in the world.

Good post. I hate the Mail. Then again, I hate all MSM, binned the TV two years ago along with reading the papers and listening to the radio.

Angry Exile said...

Ooops. I usually do the Mainly Fail larger than that - fixed. Didn't know about the subliminal photo size trick before, but now you mention it I do find looking at the Fail's site my eye is naturally drawn to the right and I end up hating myself just a little bit. Thank you for the information. Now I can stop that and start hating the bastards even more :-)

Anonymous said...

You're most welcome. I have to say that considering I used to use the Daily Mail in my blogging (older blogs), much of the time it was to rip apart the journalist.
Now 'should I' venture to the site, I always take a deep breath before clicking. It's probably because inside I'm asking myself, what doublespeak will they be saying today and what on earth is there to say about Jordan other than fake tits?

I would say I wish I could go to Oz, but being a red headed Scotsman, anything above 25 is too hot for me. I'd simply melt and get incredibly grumpy. I see myself retreating further North, as Scotland becomes inhabited more by Liberal English, still voting for multiculturalism, but fleeing the sh*thole they've created because of it.

Lastly I did the 'Liberal' test but am most definitely Libertarian and NOT Liberal that's for sure.

Angry Exile said...

What else could the Fail say about Jordan? Hmmm, something informative about ancient cities of Middle East politics, but I'm sure you're right that they'd go for the tits every time. Peter Andre might get a mention if he's lucky.

The far north of Australia is tropical and only has two seasons, wet and dry. That it's always hot is taken as read. Down here in Victoria the climate isn't too bad even for Scots. I even know a couple. Think Southern England, probably Cornwall, maybe a degree or so warmer than the equivalent season. 3.6˚C the other night but I doubt it'll get much worse than that this winter. Frosts are rare around Melbourne and I've not seen one yet, but it can get colder in the hills and the snow season here started early this year because of the extra warble gloaming or some such bollocks. Tasmania would probably feel more like a Southern hemisphere Scotland because there's fuck all between it and Antarctica, and since Melbourne gets a lot cooler whenever there's a southerly wind Tassie must be cold as a witch's tit this time of year. Frankly I don't intend visiting the place in the winter to find out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails