Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Sunday 11 September 2011

Cover to cover - Il Cattivo

The Ugly is another long song, and given that it would have been the late Freddie Mercury's 65th birthday last week and that Bohemian Rhapsody has to be one of the most covered songs ever I thought it appropriate. Nothing needs to be said about the original but as for its imitator... well, it's 1993, the year after the film Wayne's World tipped a hat at Bohemian Rhapsody and probably helped Queen sell a few records, and the BBC's biennial telethon/circle jerk Comic Relief is on. And so they did a version of Bohemian Rhapsody too. I can't remember if I thought it was funny at the time but given the number of people Auntie found to be in it who couldn't hold a note if you nailed it to their hands I doubt I thought it was much good. Still, Comic Relief was well intentioned (by the way, do they still do it?) and if they wanted to fill a few minutes of a long night with a karaoke night rendition of Queen's most well known song, well, I'm not about to say they shouldn't have done it.

But it wasn't pretty.





Non Brits will probably have no idea who most of those people were though since I can't name half of them myself it's no use asking me. But the one with the stupidest shirt was Noel Edmonds, last seen by The Exile hosting a gameshow that seemed to consist of guessing whether or not a box had anything in it.
Related Posts with Thumbnails