Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Monday 13 June 2011

Things I still don't get about Australia - No 33

Been a while since I've done one of these, but it's going to be brief. It's the Queen's Birthday weekend, which I know because Wills and Kate got their fissogs in the papers again watching a flypast from Buck House, said flypast being for the Trooping of the Colour, Mrs Queen's official birthday. Hooray, and happy official birthday, etc etc. But what I don't get about Australia, or at least Victoria, is why we still get the Monday as a public holiday while back in the old country you're expected to wave a flag if you must but be at your fucking desk at 9 sharp as usual. Not that I'm complaining but I do wonder.
Related Posts with Thumbnails