Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Overly descriptive headline alert

Sometimes I think I'm inclined to be a bit over-literal when I read things. For instance, take this headline from WAtoday.com.au about 'Oxi', a new drug that's appearing in parts of Brazil which, if The Daily Mail is also reporting on it, is probably addictive just to look at:
Cheap, powerful, deadly: the new superdrug tearing addicts apart.
The first thing that went through my mind was a scene like this.


Complete nonsense, of course - it's third hand smoking that does that to people. I don't know how I could have forgotten. Probably because I'm busy again, which of course means that's the most sense you're likely to get out of me for a day or two.
Related Posts with Thumbnails