Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Sunday 4 December 2011

Too bad

Click for linky
Cynthia Crawford, who worked as Lady Thatcher's personal assistant from 1978, said the Hollywood biopic was likely to upset her friends and family.
She said the opening scenes of The Iron Lady, starring Meryl Streep, were likely to be particularly distressing as they show her suffering from dementia.
I have exactly the same thing to say to offence seeking right wingers as to their offence seeking left-wing oppos. There is no right to not be offended and there never can be such a right because I for one would find the imposition of it extremely offensive (and no, I'm not saying that to be bloody difficult but because I'm a fucking adult my skin's thick enough that I don't need some paternalist twats wringing their hands on my behalf). If someone says something you don't like, don't listen. If they say something you think is wrong then debate it. If they make a film that you think is unfavourable to someone you admire in that it portrays them with dementia, even though they really do have dementia in real life, then just don't go and watch it. And so on.

This is not rocket science. Grow up and get over yourselves.
Related Posts with Thumbnails