Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Thursday 5 February 2009

Party like it's 1979.


Looks and sounds familiar. I can just about remember the winter of discontent but to be honest Wagon Wheels were much higher up my list of priorities at the time. It wasn't until I was a bit older that I appreciated how fucked up the country was in the late 70s, and at the time I felt a bit relieved that it was all in the past. Well, thirty years on and looking at the list we have a winter, a fair amount of discontent if the striking is anything to go by, a government that's pissed away money on bollocks until it's got nothing left, and a recession. Check, check, check, and check. On top of that it looks like there's an electorate that's by and large fallen out of love with Labour in general and Gordon Clown in particular (unlike here where Kevin Rudd seems to still (a) have money to hose around on people who haven't noticed that it was taxed right out of their fucking pockets to begin with, and (b) be fairly popular). It seems to me that all David Cameron needs to do is to carry on not being Gordon and he'll win the next election fairly easily. Bit of a shame that he comes across as a twat really.
Related Posts with Thumbnails