Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Your chance to have your say

And since this is to join Anthony Worral-Thompson in petitioning the government to scrap the smoking ban it is of course also a golden opportunity to be ignored and dismissed by your government, but that doesn't mean it's not worth having your say anyway. Eventually they'll have to justify why they're continuing to ignore it, and hopefully the useful idiots who currently support this kind of thing will wake up and smell the coffee (assuming it isn't banned or restricted by then). Even if you're not a smoker and don't like the smell of smoke - which I'd understand, being myself now a non-smoker who doesn't like the smell either - I'd still encourage you to sign it for three very compelling reasons:
  1. If you drink then you're next.
  2. If you don't drink but weigh more than the healthists say you should then you're right after the drinkers.
  3. If you're not a drinker or a salad dodger then you're after both, but don't kid yourself for a minute that you're not on the list.
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller
So please think very carefully before deciding that it's a smokers' thing and it doesn't apply to you.
I guarantee that at least one other non-smoker will be signing it.

Click for the petition

Tip of the Akubra to Dick Puddlecote.

P.S. And thanks to MrAngry61 in the comments for letting me know I'd stuffed the link up. Hopefully anyone else went via the dismembered jewel thief's place, but if not it's fixed now.
Related Posts with Thumbnails