Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Cloudy outlook with some thunderstorms

Click for linky
Within three hours some services were back up, and the company had restored 60 per cent of affected operations were back online within 12 hours.
Or to put it another way, 40% were still kaput after 12 hours. And this is why cloud computing completely fails to grip my shit and I'll stick with the terribly old fashioned idea of keeping my data where I can get it anytime I want instead of screaming impotently at the screen: "Give me my fucking documents back". Doubly relevant here in Oz where there are large remote areas with no internet except pricey satellite connections.

iCloud, Apple? iCouldn'tbelessinterested.
Related Posts with Thumbnails