Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Sunday 24 January 2010

Early in the morning in the middle of the night.

Early in the morning in the middle of the night
Two dead men got up for a fight
Back to back they faced each other
Drew their swords and shot each other
And if you don't believe it's true
Ask the blind man: he saw it too
I have no idea what the source for that little poem was but it was popular on the playgrounds when I was a kid. Carrol or Lear it ain't but it sticks in the mind, probably because of all the contradictions. And it was a contradiction that reminded me of it when I saw this headline in The Age:


If it was lethal then by definition the toddler couldn't have survived it? And since she did survive what was lethal about it? Is this back from the dead stuff, or is it just (oxy)moronic newspaper sensationalism?

I think I can guess.

1 comment:

Angry Exile said...

Heh. Blogger survives lethal facepalm ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails