Commenting.


COMMENTING
Due to the move of the blog to Wordpress posts from Jan 2012 onward will have commenting disabled (when I remember to do it)
Cheers - AE

Saturday 4 December 2010

Memory hole at The Telegraph?

A short while ago I read this over at Bill Sticker's.
Logged on to my Disqus account last night to comment on one of the Tellytubbygraphs blog threads. Specifically to do with the breaking news that Japan has thrown the Kyoto accords under the bus at Cancun. No sooner had I typed my comment, than the 'your comment is being moderated' sign popped up. I immediately typed in another short and pithy remark about being immediately moderated, which was published with no moderation. Then I edited it to mention Japan's blunt refusal to extend the Kyoto accords. No moderation again. No mention of Japan's actions in the pages of the Tellytubbygraph, today either.

Interesting.....
I thought I'd go have a look-see, partly to leave my own comments and partly to see if they'd be moderated too. Strangely I couldn't find the article at all by browsing the usual areas of their site, and since it's very current I found this a bit surprising.* So I went to the search tool and put in "Kyoto" - no joy. Then I tried "Japan" with each of "emissions", "Cancun" and "target" - still nothing. It looks like the piece Bill Sticker saw there... is now not there. Now maybe it needed re-editing and will reappear, though the moderation of comments is sufficiently unusual that you can't help but wonder if it's been pulled for good. Time will tell, but if it's editing how long do they need? Bill Sticker was trying to leave a comment last night, maybe 12 hours or so ago for him, so you'd have thought it'd be back by now. I suspect it's gone for good.


* What I did find was Chuckles FcKnuckles weighing in to defend the Climategate mob. Predictable stuff and I may fisk it later, though I think I'll save a copy to the desktop just in case.
Related Posts with Thumbnails